SHOPNBC Computer V2 PREMIER

Sam

Anyone know what video card this system has in it? I checked their
Website and For what they are giving you seems like a great Deal.
Software, printer, camera and the best Hardware except for one
area...THE video card that says 32MB Video.
Is this imbedded or AGP?

If it's only 32MB, I'd assume it's embedded. What motherboard is included
in the system?

Never mind, I went on the site, and if you're talking about the PC that
costs $2,249, I think the hardware is not good at all. It appears both
sound and video are included on board, it's only a 533Mhz FSB, which means
it will use slower DDR266 or DDR333...

.... I did some more digging, the Motherboard is a ECS P4VMM2 Motherboard,
with only DDR266 support, and 4X AGP. It uses VIA chipsets (north and
southbridge), which most people hate. It has onboard Savage3D graphics (32MB
shared Video RAM, which means it takes 32MB away from your system memory,
leaving only 480MB system memory -- the video ram can be set to 8MB, 16MB or
32MB though), on board sound, etc. It is also a MICRO ATX boar, which means
it's not full sized. This is the full specs of the included motherboard,
straight from the ECS web site:

ECS P4VMM2-8.1 Socket 478 Micro ATX Motherboard, 533FSB, HT, AGP4X, DDR266,
Video & 6ch Audio, LAN. Code: 27469.

Features: FSB 533, Prescott CPU support, HT CPU Support, ATA133, 6 Channel
Audio, 10/100 LAN.

Specifications: CPU Socket 478 for Intel Pentium 4 processor, FSB 533/400
MHz, Support Hyper-Threading Technology. Chipset VIA P4M266A & VT8235, North
Bridge: VIA P4M266A, South Bridge: VIA VT8235. Memory 2 x 184-pin DDR DIMM
socket support up to 1 GB, Support DDR266/200 2.5V DDR SDRAM. Expansion Slot
1 x AGP 4X slot, 3 x PCI slots, 1 x CNR slot. Graphics Integrated S3
ProSavage8 2D/3D Graphics, Share Memory: 8/16/32MB. Storage Support by VIA
VT8235: 4 x Ultra DMA133/100/66 devices. Audio Realtek ALC655 6-Channel
audio CODEC, Compliant with AC'97 2.3 specification. LAN VIA VT6103 10/100
Mbps Fast Ethernet PHY. Rear Panel I/O 1 x PS/2 keyboard & PS/2 mouse
connectors, 4 x USB ports, 1 x RJ45 LAN connector, 1 x VGA port, 1 x
Parallel port (LPT1), 1 x Serial port (COM1), 1 x Audio ports (Line-in,
Line-out, Mic-in). Internal I/O Connectors & Headers 1 x 20-pin ATX Power
Supply Connector & 4-pin 12V Connector, 1 x FDD connector supports two
360K~2.88MB FDDs, 2 x IDE connectors, 1 x IrDA for SIR header, 1 x SPDIF out
header, 1 x USB 2.0 header support additional 2 USB ports, 1 x Front panel
switch/LED header, 1 x Front panel audio header, CD in/ AUX in headers,
CPUFAN/CASFAN connectors. System BIOS Award BIOS with 2Mb Flash ROM,
Supports Plug and Play 1.0A, APM 1.2, Muli Boot, DMI, Full Support for ACPI
revision 1.0 specification. Form Factor Micro-ATX Size (244mm * 244mm), 4
Layers.

PCB Color: Purple.

The included peripherals seem to be marginal, at best. The "digital video
camera" they ship with the system appears to be nothing more than a USB
webcam. The Lexmark All-in-One printer/scan/copy/fax is not a stellar
performer...read the CNET review here---
http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/4505-3167_16-21225886.html

In my opinion, this is no bargain at all. The only savings included in the
system that Isee is the included software, which is almost all
pre-installed. This means you'd probably just get a recovery disc to restore
your PC back to the factory condition.

You can get much better, faster components and build a killer PC for about
this price. If you dig round the internet, you can find the components you
want. My favorite cruising place is www.newegg.com. I don't always buy
from them as they're not always the cheapest, but they have great product
descriptions, pictures, and customer reviews.