[SOLVED] Short disconnects when playing games on wired connection

NakedPumpkin

Reputable
Dec 24, 2016
I have this issue whenever i play a game online. It will act like a request timeout for a couple of seconds and reconnect me back in about 5 seconds. Very frustrating when playing league of legends, suddenly my character will keep moving in a straight line and i can't use spells or move my character and then it reconnects after 3-5 sec and then i can move again. Same happens with Borderlands 3 when playing with friends, it will freeze as if my latency is high and then jump me back and then i can play normally again. My ping is never beyond 30 ms even when this occurs which makes we wonder what the problem is.

This occurs randomly all the time when i play. I have tried downloading new network drivers, updated windows, restarted router and also switched Ethernet ports.

It never tells me i am disconnected when i play, it just acts like my ping is 900 for a brief moment, while though my ping is only 20-30 ms all the time, it never shows my ping sky rocket up, but it feels like that. What do i do?

I use ROG STRIX b405f-gaming motherboard, and this also occured on my old pc before upgrading.

Last edited:
Solution
Leave actual continuous ping commands run in background windows. One to your router, one to maybe the game server, and one to some address like 8.8.8.8

If you don't see actual delays in the ping commands then you start to blame the game. In many cases it is stuff like video drivers.

If you do see delays in the ping then try a ping from a different device to see if it also see delays at the same time. Your goal is to see if it is just your PC or if it is actually the router or internet causing the problem.
Leave actual continuous ping commands run in background windows. One to your router, one to maybe the game server, and one to some address like 8.8.8.8

If you don't see actual delays in the ping commands then you start to blame the game. In many cases it is stuff like video drivers.

If you do see delays in the ping then try a ping from a different device to see if it also see delays at the same time. Your goal is to see if it is just your PC or if it is actually the router or internet causing the problem.

Solution