Shortcut key for "Back" in Windows Explorer

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

Is there a shortcut hotkey I can use for the "Back" function (left
green arrow) in Windows Explorer?

Are there other shortcut keys I can use for the buttons in Windows
Explorer such as Forward, Search, Folders, Up one level, etc?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

BACK: Alt + LeftArrow
FWD: Alt + RightArrow
SEARCH: F3

Up one level... hm. Never used that one before.
Shortcuts mostly if not all the same:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/98/all/reskit/en-us/part7/wrkappg.mspx

---
You can have anything you want... you just can't have everything.
-e

In news:95719148D294A51D7E@130.133.1.4,
Zarbol Csar <zarbol@csar.net> typed:

> Is there a shortcut hotkey I can use for the "Back" function
> (left
> green arrow) in Windows Explorer?

One of the things I particularly like about my Microsoft
Intellimouse is the buttons on the side. One, operated by my
thumb, does exactly that.

> Are there other shortcut keys I can use for the buttons in
> Windows
> Explorer such as Forward, Search, Folders, Up one level, etc?

If you have the same, or a similar, mouse, you can configure the
other button for Forward, or other choices.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

Eric Hymander, <ericDOThymander@R0GERS.C0M>, the long-snouted, misguided
minnow, and grave robber, made known:

--
You resounding, sulphuretted, self-pollinating farmer.

AJ1974

Honorable
In Windows 7, press Alt+Up arrow to go up one level.
Alt+Left and Alt+Right for going back and forward are really great! I never knew about those.
If you like me try to avoid the mouse if possible, keyboard shortcuts like this are needed.

sanchaliza

Reputable
May 27, 2014

Thank you very very much.