Shorting the CMOS jumper with the power cord plugged in AND TURNING IT ON

Sep 4, 2018
My mobo is AsRock Z97 Pro4

Ok, so I've tried to OC yesterday, but I wasn't able to save my manual settings (only the OC Tweaker predefined inputs saved)
Dumb me was thinking that clearing CMOS will help, and - oh boye - it did not.

So I've shut down the pc, went to make some tea and other stuff, and after some time came back to do the thing
I took out the jumper with plastic tweezers, and put it on the 2-3 pins as said on motherboard (with power cord plugged in, but PC still shut down)
When I did it, LEDs on graphics card turned on, and so did the LED stripe on the side of PC. I assumed it's normal, and now it went downhill. I left it like that overnight, and today, after school I've switched jumper to 1-2 and tried to power it on.
It didn't start
LEDs on graphics card and the stripe are lit, the coolers on graphics card, CPU and the ones in case are working, but it's not putting out a video signal / not even posting.
I don't know, maybe I've drained the CMOS battery?
What's even dumber of me, I tried to power it on with jumper placed back on 2-3 pins.

Any ideas?

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
Are you getting any beep codes or warning leds? If it is not making it to post, them I am guessing you fried a MOBO component like the BIOS chip or something. Moving the jumper into the reset position would disconnect the CMOS battery, so I don't see it being a dead battery.

Sep 4, 2018
Well, I don't have a beeper or whatever it's called, and don't fully understand what you mean by warning leds (the only LEDs are those on graphics card, and the power / disc diode on case)
I will try taking the battery and replacing it, just to be sure, and if it's not it, go to the service next to me

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
Most motherboards either use beep codes (series of beeps in a specific order when you first power on the computer) or warning leds (located somewhere on the mobo, they are usually small and rectangular) to signify an error with specific hardware. If you don't see or hear any of those, then you probably shorted the BIOS chip and it is not communicating with any hardware. Definitely take it to a tech if that new CMOS battery doesn't do the trick.

Sep 4, 2018
Ok, so like an hour ago I left the PC in service, the told me that most likely they will call me on Monday, and then we will decide
(Also, I gave them my RAMs to add, told to tilt the cooler - RAMs are too high and wouldn't fit in - and to change thermal solution on CPU, because it's quality is terrible, the 10g tube was like not even 4$ (adjusting for exchange))

I will update the thread when the give me some informations.
And also, thanks for help :)

Sep 4, 2018
Update!
So, it's apparently not the jumper or anything (although it might have initiated the problem), the pin in the socket was bend
And it's not a little talk, like a bit to the left or right
Straight up 180° from it's original position
The PC is running, but my OC settings still are not saving (Maybe I'm doing something wrong :??: )

You'll need a speaker attached to speaker terminals on the motherboard. Calling it speaker is a bit much...something like this:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Description=motherboard%20speaker&Submit=ENE

If you don't have one (not many motherboards come with one these days) then you won't hear the beep codes.