[SOLVED] Shoul I Keep Stock Or Use XMP? ( both run at same speed)

Bach0

Distinguished
May 2, 2013
Hey, i have some knowledge what XMP profiles are and how to use them. Today i upgraded my RAM from 8 to 16GB. I had Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 which ran at 1333Mhz Stock without XMP enabled, but when i installed new Patriot Viper RAM (Same speed ,timings, voltage) it runs 1600 stock and i have an option to enable XMP 1.3. What i wonder is should i enable it or keep stock settings since they run at the same speed? NOTE: Both my old and new RAMS have same everything: voltage,timings,frequency... New one is just 16GB instead of 8

These are screens from BIOS and CPU-Z ( Captured when using stock settings)
View: https://imgur.com/a/5SL3x52

Solution
@Bach0
Actually, the timings are slightly different ... JEDEC#5 has a tRC of 39 and XMP-1600 has a tRC of 38 ... but, this difference is tiny. Like tiny tiny. Use the XMP if it is working fine (and it should). Switch to JEDEC#5 if you have some weird, intermittent issues.
@Bach0
Actually, the timings are slightly different ... JEDEC#5 has a tRC of 39 and XMP-1600 has a tRC of 38 ... but, this difference is tiny. Like tiny tiny. Use the XMP if it is working fine (and it should). Switch to JEDEC#5 if you have some weird, intermittent issues.

Solution

Bach0

Distinguished
May 2, 2013
@Bach0
Thanks for replying, from BIOS i can only choose between AUTO and XMP profile. Both worked fine, i guess I'll stick to XMP

Reactions: anotherdrew

TRENDING THREADS