[SOLVED] Should 30-50% usage on my CPU and GPU on quite demanding games be normal?

luke7345

Reputable
Oct 8, 2017
I have an RTX 2060 6GB , Ryzen 5 2600x and 16GB ddr4 3000mhz Ram. When i play a game like Escape from Tarkov the usage of both the CPU and GPU stay in the 30-50% range. Even though the game in my opinion is very hard to run and i hover around 60-70fps and get some stutters. Is it strange or bad for the usage to stay around that area even when playing such a demanding game and would my game perform better if the usages are higher? Thank you

Are these components original for when both the OS and the game was installed, or is/was it an upgraded system? (As for stutters, are you playing on a 100 Hz or 144 Hz monitor, perhaps? (YOu'd need to look at other Escape from Tarkov comparisons to see if your rig should be capable of 120+ fps at your chosen res/settings with your CPU/GPU combo)

Tried 'Performance' mode within control panel/power/power plans?

Any evidence of your CPU not sustaining at least 3.8 GHz or so under load (such as CPU-Z/bench/stress CPU)?

Reactions: RodroX

luke7345

Reputable
Oct 8, 2017
Are these components original for when both the OS and the game was installed, or is/was it an upgraded system? (As for stutters, are you playing on a 100 Hz or 144 Hz monitor, perhaps? (YOu'd need to look at other Escape from Tarkov comparisons to see if your rig should be capable of 120+ fps at your chosen res/settings with your CPU/GPU combo)

Tried 'Performance' mode within control panel/power/power plans?

Any evidence of your CPU not sustaining at least 3.8 GHz or so under load (such as CPU-Z/bench/stress CPU)?
it was an upgraded system and on a 75hz monitor. And im just worried that the components never go past 50% even when its struggling

luke7345

Reputable
Oct 8, 2017
it was an upgraded system and on a 75hz monitor. And im just worried that the components never go past 50% even when its struggling

here are some screenshots of the performance and being in the most intensive map
unknown.png
unknown.png

luke7345

Reputable
Oct 8, 2017
I have an RTX 2060 6GB , Ryzen 5 2600x and 16GB ddr4 3000mhz Ram. When i play a game like Escape from Tarkov the usage of both the CPU and GPU stay in the 30-50% range. Even though the game in my opinion is very hard to run and i hover around 60-70fps and get some stutters. Is it strange or bad for the usage to stay around that area even when playing such a demanding game and would my game perform better if the usages are higher? Thank you

Here are some screenshots when i was on the most intensive map
unknown.png
unknown.png

TRENDING THREADS