Should/can i upgrade to Windows 7??

naxster

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Hi guys, i am using Windows Vista Business on my computer and i've heard from almost everyone that vista is slow and "useless", however i haven't encountered any such problem at all, fine its slow sometimes but i think that its just my PC..
The thing that most wanted me to get Windows 7 is the speed performance which everyone is saying, so my question is can i upgrade to Windows 7??

If you say to add more RAM, i've tried both 1GB and 512MB but the computer only beeps as soon as i power it up, and does nothing..

Here is my specs:
- HP DX2400
- Windows Vista Business 32-bit
- Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2200 2,2 GHz
- 2 GB RAM DDR2
- 250GB HDD
- Nvidia Geforce 210 512MB

Solution
it is your personal preference , an ssd will give you speed , i personally prefer 7 to vista , but if vista does all you want it to do save your money that you were going to spend on 7 and buy an ssd , if you want 7 there is nothing to say you can't nor shouldn't , If your budget will allow do both

naxster

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009

To be honest, i don't have any problem with it (so far) but i thought if i can speed it up by upgrading to Windows 7, why not then...
So you think that i should use vista?
BUT i've always loved Windows XP, and i still want to use it, but since they are no longer have the support for it which means they won't be releasing any new updates, i don't want to use it anymore because hackers can easily hack your computer :(

it is your personal preference , an ssd will give you speed , i personally prefer 7 to vista , but if vista does all you want it to do save your money that you were going to spend on 7 and buy an ssd , if you want 7 there is nothing to say you can't nor shouldn't , If your budget will allow do both

Solution