[SOLVED] Should I add a 8Gb ram?

Borg__

Reputable
Oct 30, 2016
It is always annoying to play rust with my pc because of fps drops. I got 60 fps but usually drops for like 3 in crucial moments. Should I consider upgrading my ram into 12 gb?
I3 4170
2x 4gb ram
Gt1030

Solution
Ok thanks. Can that help the game?
It may help, you will want to monitor your CPU/GPU & memory usage while gaming and note what they are during those dips and do this before buying anything as it may be something else causing that issue.

What resolution, refresh rate & graphic settings are your playing at?

I can't currently access Steam but isn't RUST still a Early Access game? If so I wouldn't expect the best performance on it since the game is still being worked on and your parts are on the lower end but adjusting the settings could minimize the dips.

WildCard999

Titan
It is always annoying to play rust with my pc because of fps drops. I got 60 fps but usually drops for like 3 in crucial moments. Should I consider upgrading my ram into 12 gb?
I3 4170
2x 4gb ram
Gt1030
Mixing memory is typically a bad idea as it may not be stable or even boot. If you want to increase your memory I'd sell your current kit and buy a 2x8gb kit.

Reactions: Borg__

WildCard999

Titan
Ok thanks. Can that help the game?
It may help, you will want to monitor your CPU/GPU & memory usage while gaming and note what they are during those dips and do this before buying anything as it may be something else causing that issue.

What resolution, refresh rate & graphic settings are your playing at?

I can't currently access Steam but isn't RUST still a Early Access game? If so I wouldn't expect the best performance on it since the game is still being worked on and your parts are on the lower end but adjusting the settings could minimize the dips.

Reactions: Borg__
Solution