jamescrepeerm

Reputable
May 30, 2018
Ok so to give some background I use programs such as premiere pro and OBS to edit videos and stream but I recently found a GTX 560 TI laying around from an old PC and it got me thinking: Would adding this improve my performance? Here's the thing though... My PC is AMD themed.

Specifications:
CPU: AMD FX-8320E
GPU: AMD Radeon R7 370
Mobo: Gigabyte 970-DS3P
RAM: Kingston HyperX 1x8gb DDR3
PSU: EVGA 750W

I also have Dual monitors running off the Radeon R7 370 though I rather NOT have the R7 370 have one monitor and the 560 Ti have its own monitor.
Thanks!

Last edited:

jamescrepeerm

Reputable
May 30, 2018
the 570 ti does not support dual monitors just like the 6 series and 7 series your best bet is to either keep the amd gpu or get a 9 series
Whoops I forgot to mention Im not planning on replacing my current GPU I am questioning whether I should add the 560 Ti to the build in the hopes it might boost performance with two graphics cards but opposite company.

Defenestrator IX

Prominent
May 10, 2019
I've never mixed GPUs like that, but unless you had two matching ones, and set them up in SLI or Crossfire, you won't get better performance. For games, if you select the GeForce as the display adapter, it will come up on whatever the GeForce has plugged it, or if you select the R7, then it will be on that monitor. I don't know about using two purely for processing power, but I'd imaging that Premiere can only use one GPU at a time.
Yeah, and drivers.
The way I've mixed GPUs is just for 3 monitors. Back when I had a Radeon HD 7570, I added an older HD card to run my other two monitors, to reduce the load on the 7570 (and because it only has two places to connect monitors).

Last edited: