Question Should i add another exhaust fan?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I just recently bought this PC from BestBuy and I was wondering if this was an adequate cooling system for it.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberp...b-hdd-240gb-ssd-white/6315148.p?skuId=6315148

The fifth picture it shows has the best look at how the cooling is set up. I'm pretty sure it has the 2 intakes towards the front and 1 exhaust out the back. It has an open spot for a case fan on top that I was thinking about adding as another exhaust fan. Do you think that would be good for the overall cooling on this system?

Glad to hear. Thats not to say that pre-builts are all the same just there are some that are meh and then those like CyberPower or iBuyPower.

There are really good ones but they are considered Boutique builders as they build each one to order using pretty premium parts and cost quite a bit. Companies such as Falcon North West or Puget. I would say Alienware but since they are owned by dell they fall a bit and they also like to be proprietary making upgrades and fixes much harder or expensive.

I wish you luck on building your new system Remember we are here to help if you need.

Reactions: Karadjgne

Colif

Win 11 Master
LTT tested 5 premades a few months ago and after all of it, HP (yes, HP) had the best offer. Alienware uses proprietary parts, the motherboards might need adapters to be attached to PSU, for instance.

Its even harder in Australia, we don't even have the luxury of Cyberpower or Ibuypower and some of the builds I have seen being sold in last few months makes me think I been really lucky with the places I have got PC made in. I guess I do get to choose every part so no unwanted discoveries after purchase, I always research every part.

It makes me mad that people that don't know any better get taken for rides by PC makers.