Question Should i add another exhaust fan?

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I just recently bought this PC from BestBuy and I was wondering if this was an adequate cooling system for it.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberp...b-hdd-240gb-ssd-white/6315148.p?skuId=6315148

The fifth picture it shows has the best look at how the cooling is set up. I'm pretty sure it has the 2 intakes towards the front and 1 exhaust out the back. It has an open spot for a case fan on top that I was thinking about adding as another exhaust fan. Do you think that would be good for the overall cooling on this system?

USAFRet

Titan
6315148cv14d.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

What are those two fans on the right supposed to be doing, besides look pretty?
Where are they getting outside air from?

Colif

Win 11 Master
those 2 front fans on the cyberpower website are in the normal position of right at front of the case, blowing air from front to back - who ever put them in case for that photo is an idiot :)

the PC you have appears to be a BATTLEBOX 2019 SYBER - https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Battlebox-2019-Syber

I can't tell from screenshots how PC gets fresh air in through front unless there is a tiny gap at bottom of front

now i look, most on cyberpower site have water cooling

USAFRet

Titan
those 2 front fans on the cyberpower website are in the normal position of right at front of the case, blowing air from front to back - who ever put them in case for that photo is an idiot :)

the PC you have appears to be a BATTLEBOX 2019 SYBER - https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Battlebox-2019-Syber

I can't tell from screenshots how PC gets fresh air in through front unless there is a tiny gap at bottom of front
No, that's a completely different case. The one you link has all those angled shapes on the front.
The OP's case is flat.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i can't find exact PC on site as you can play with specs to make your own, there is a case very similar to that one on there except its black, and in it, they have 2 fans but its clearly water cooling

example of case, different specs in this PC - https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer-Dragon

fans are orientated as in your shot but they not just blowing air nowhere, they must be exhausting hot air.

USAFRet

Titan
i can't find exact PC on site as you can play with specs to make your own, there is a case very similar to that one on there except its black, and in it, they have 2 fans but its clearly water cooling

example of case, different specs in this PC - https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer-Dragon

fans are orientated as in your shot but they not just blowing air nowhere, they must be exhausting hot air.
Now that one looks the same.
Very strange.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i can't just search for all their cases on site, you have to look through all models and choose customise to see case list, and some builds don't let you choose everything cause of space constraints. I am not patient enough :)

The one I found isn't exactly the same, the screws are wrong but it would seem case designed for water cooling setups and not air. Its possible they used a cheaper case to save money and pass on heat problems to end user.

I am curious if there are any vents on the back as if you did put 2 fans in a position like that, all the air has to go somewhere. They are pretty pointless facing the glass if you aren't using water

Colif

Win 11 Master
Someone asked about this exact same link on the cyberpower forums and was told

Based on the information you have given, I certainly appears to me that the two fans in the side should be removed and replaced facing the other direction to make them intake fans. I suggest that you call CyberPower Tech Support to make sure that they confirm this.

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/FORUM/gma3200bst-all-exhaust-fans_topic55540_post251396.html#251396

seems in some cases the fans are being installed backwards

trying to find out more info on case

Colif

Win 11 Master
It seems, that is how it comes from factory

and I still wonder what they are doing, is there a vent on the right hand side of case to let air out? otherwise all that hot air just goes to top of case and is trapped there

they would sort of make sense as an exhaust which creates negative airflow but negative air flow means any dust that wants to come into PC will be sucked in all the cracks around case and back would likely be where most comes in. And none of those spots seem to have filters to stop the dust.

where does cool air come in PC? is there a vent in base we can't see? the video I found isn't very helpful, he spent half the time talking about the mouse/kb

it may not be only problem, what PSU do you have?

CyberPower GMA3200BST Specs:
--RTX 2070
--Ryzen 2700X
--16gb DDR4 2400mhz
--asus prime b450m-a micro atx
--Channel Well gps600s-g PSU

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/cyberpower-gma3200bst-repair-upgrade-advice-needed.3493237/

If PSU is same model as above, you might want to get a new one.

Last edited:

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
The 2 fans on the right front of my case seem to be blowing light cool air into the case from what I can feel. There are small slit vents running behind the fans on the case.

Colif

Win 11 Master
So they are sucking air from the gaps behind them but where does the cool air come from?

case is fairly deep but I still wonder how much air gets blown straight at the glass. Its a very strange layout

Seems that case would work well with water cooling but its not really an air cooling case, regardless of fact that is what they sell with it. Form over function is not a problem unique to them in modern case design, everyone wants glass and rgb... well, not everyone, but enough to make case designers who should know better to make glass cases that can't breath.;..

sorry, its just a bug bear :)

I can't offer suggestions as to what watercooling would be best as I use air myself.

I wonder who makes their cases, they have cases labelled cyberpower but on site you can choose other cases as well. Its possibly NZXT make them.

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
I'm actually taking it in to best buy today and letting them making sure the fans are running the way they are supposed to in the case. I'm also having them check out what PSU is in it and if it's garbage I'm going to replace that as well.

USAFRet

Titan
I'm actually taking it in to best buy today and letting them making sure the fans are running the way they are supposed to in the case. I'm also having them check out what PSU is in it and if it's garbage I'm going to replace that as well.
In that space, neither way is "best".

Intake is just blowing directly at the glass side panel.
Exhaust means there are 3 exhaust and no intake.

That place was made for a liquid cooling radiator, blowing air out. And even then, it is 'wrong'.
There is no way for that case to do anything but look flashy.

And I wouldn't trust the monkeys at GeekSquad to change a lightbulb, much less get that case and parts config correct.

Colif

Win 11 Master
the cyberpower PC on their website have a rad at front connected to CPU, and a fan on top and rear, I expect the top is an exhaust... as blowing hot air back onto CPU is just silly

So would rad be intake? or am I missing something here? seems lots of air being sucked out, but apart from in all the unfiltered gaps, where does it come from?

USAFRet

Titan
the cyberpower PC on their website have a rad at front connected to CPU, and a fan on top and rear, I expect the top is an exhaust... as blowing hot air back onto CPU is just silly

So would rad be intake? or am I missing something here? seems lots of air being sucked out, but apart from in all the unfiltered gaps, where does it come from?
It doesn't have to work well, it just has to look flashy on the website or store shelf.
Make the sale, function verified.