[SOLVED] Should I add case fans or replace CPU Cooler

discovery1031

Prominent
Apr 30, 2018
Hello, I'd like to upgrade my PC's cooling to do a light CPU overclock but also make my PC cooler in general.
PC Specs:
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M with 2 stock case fans (140mm-1200rpm-82.1CFM, 1 intake, 1 exhaust)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 with stock cooler (Wraith Spire) at stock settings(3.2Ghz). Temps are ok(40C idle, 74C at 100% load) but I'd like to lower them, but also to achieve a slight overclock (~3.5GHz) without exceeding 74C
mobo: Asus Prime B350 Plus
RAM: probably high profile, G.Skill Ripjaws V

Should I add more case fans or should I replace my CPU Cooler?
Also, if I should replace my cpu cooler, which one would you recommend(194mm clearance, AM4 socket, max: ~35 EUR)? Among the following, which would you recommend to achieve best results without excessive noise:
DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 300
DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400
COOLERMASTER HYPER 212 BLACK
Cryorig H7
Be Quiet Pure Rock Slim

Last edited:
Solution
Unless you have some very hot GPU, two case fans like that should be more than enough. If you want to OC, any of those coolers would do but I prefer coolers with direct contact pipes, they react faster.
#1. DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 because of easy mounting, uses normal AM2/3/4 mounts and can be easily (re)installed without taking MB out.
#2. Be Quiet Pure Rock Slim for quietness.
Unless you have some very hot GPU, two case fans like that should be more than enough. If you want to OC, any of those coolers would do but I prefer coolers with direct contact pipes, they react faster.
#1. DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 because of easy mounting, uses normal AM2/3/4 mounts and can be easily (re)installed without taking MB out.
#2. Be Quiet Pure Rock Slim for quietness.

Reactions: discovery1031
Solution