Question Should i add more RAM?

Wowo95

Commendable
May 11, 2019
Guys want to ask
When playing games Ascent Infinite Realm, my RAM hit 85-90%, and left with 500mb free space in task manager.
Is this the reason i stutter a lot in big city?
Should i add more ram (2×4) to fix my stuttering?

My spec :
Ryzen 5 1600 (3.8Ghz)
Asus B350-F Strix
Rx 480 4GB
2x4 Vengeance LPX 2666mhz

Wowo95

Commendable
May 11, 2019
Problem is mixing RAM kits carries a risk of issues, RAM is only guaranteed to work in the form it is sold. Also first generation Ryzen was more fussy about RAM compatibility. Your best option is sell your RAM and buy a 2x8gb 3000mhz kit.
What if i buy with same model and brand?
Ugh i already bought the 2x4 :(

For Esports games, 8gb is fine. For modern AAA titles or unoptimized titles, you will want 16gb.
I play BeamNG. drive which is rather unoptimized and some maps will cause the game to use 6 or 7gb alone. When you also add in Windows usage and background tasks, you are out of ram.

Wowo95

Commendable
May 11, 2019
For Esports games, 8gb is fine. For modern AAA titles or unoptimized titles, you will want 16gb.
I play BeamNG. drive which is rather unoptimized and some maps will cause the game to use 6 or 7gb alone. When you also add in Windows usage and background tasks, you are out of ram.
Ooh okaaay, maybe that's the reason my pc keep stuttering when playing mmorpg like Archage, because my pc lack of RAM. Cant wait for my ram, and i hope it will work with diff kit :')