Should i apply thermal paste now?

roudy-s

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017
My gtx 1070 is a founders edition card so i know it should operate hotter than any other card so when playing rise of the tomb raider on very high settings for 2 or 3 hours i get a max temp of 78 degree which i fell is normal, so should i be worried by this temperature or no? And the ambient temp is 26 degree with fan speed at 40 and 60 i cant remember exactly, so should i remove the card and apply thermal paste? I have cleaned it from 2 weeks when i have bought it from someone, i cleaned the blower fan with compressed air it was not so dirty but i did this in any occasion to not harm it, and i keep my pc very clean with alot of cleaning and i have a cooler master case cm 590 III with filters. The pc is working great with no error or performance issue, but i need to know all of this and if i should remove the card and disassemble it to apply thermal paste and clean the heatsink or is it ok to only clean the blower fan? because i have read that dust wont accumulate in the heatsink they will be stuck in the blower fan. And thank you i appreciate your help and sorry for the long paragraph but to make sure i have said everything and please answer all question thank you.

Solution
It is very common when reapplying paste to have to create a thread asking how to fix a card when you have badly reapplied the paste, in all honesty you shouldn't have to do it.

78 max is fine, not a problem at all. Idle temps are not relevant as you can change them by merely changing the fan speed.

Lutfij

Titan
I'd clean the entire cooling assembly and remove the factory applied thermal paste with a higher quality TIM.

That's one massive wall of text :/
Punctuation would help others with comprehension and subsequent answers to this thread.

P.S: I don't see any question marks, just a few things I felt needed stating.

It is very common when reapplying paste to have to create a thread asking how to fix a card when you have badly reapplied the paste, in all honesty you shouldn't have to do it.

78 max is fine, not a problem at all. Idle temps are not relevant as you can change them by merely changing the fan speed.

Solution

roudy-s

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017
So am i good or no with these temps? At idle at 34 to 37 degree and at gaming between 71 ans 78 degree at max so is this bad or no it is at stock not overclocked and fans at normal without any change the fans at 34 to 37 are at 27% and while gaming it hits i rhink between 40 and 60% i dont know exactly

TRENDING THREADS