[SOLVED] Should I be able to overclock now?

Jan 21, 2020
So a few months ago I had got some new ram (Gskill ripjaws V 3600 mhz) and I figured I could over clock it to 3600 mhz. My processor at the time was a ryzen 5 2600 and asus rog strix b450 f gaming. Well once I discovered the best I could do was 2933 mhz for whatever reason I decided to just deal with it. I thought it was weird since my friend has the same motherboard and a ryzen 5 3600 with corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200 mhz and he had no problem with overclocking to 3200 mhz. But the problem was whenever I overclocked my computer would blue screen all the time. Well fast forward a few months and I now have a new processor (ryzen 7 3700x) and im not too sure if it will work now or n

Solution
So a few months ago I had got some new ram (Gskill ripjaws V 3600 mhz) and I figured I could over clock it to 3600 mhz. My processor at the time was a ryzen 5 2600 and asus rog strix b450 f gaming. Well once I discovered the best I could do was 2933 mhz for whatever reason I decided to just deal with it. I thought it was weird since my friend has the same motherboard and a ryzen 5 3600 with corsair vengeance rgb pro 3200 mhz and he had no problem with overclocking to 3200 mhz. But the problem was whenever I overclocked my computer would blue screen all the time. Well fast forward a few months and I now have a new processor (ryzen 7 3700x) and im not too sure if it will work now or n

It should have worked with old CPU too. now...

It should have worked with old CPU too. now when you have latest BIOS it should be enough to just enable DOCP.

Reactions: superlizardx14
Solution