Question Should I be able to pull my hard tubing out of its fitting?

May 10, 2019

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The tubing ends need to be free of anything like burrs or scratches or gouges etc, nice clean cuts. You loosen up the top nut, slide the tubing in, then tighten the top nut which forces compression on the o-ring to make the seal. The nut should be tight, but not tool-cranked tight or you'll cause the o-ring to get miss-shappen and it'll leak. If that top nut isn't tight enough, the o-ring won't get a good grip on the tubing, and it'll either leak, or blow out when put under pump pressure.

Yes, you can pull the tubes out, there's just an o-ring holding it in, but since I can't judge how much force you are using to pull on, can't say if it's normal or not.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The fitting has 1 o-ring on the outside for seal with the G1/4. It has 1 o-ring on the inside. If you pull off the top nut, you'll see the chamfered top edge of the fitting. Take the tube, slide the top nut on the end. Then put the package included o-ring on the tip. Put tube into the fitting, seating it all the way in. Slide the visible o-ring down the tube, until it's seated on the top of the fitting. Screw the top nut down. That compresses that top o-ring and provides good grip on the tube, so it doesn't blow out when you apply pressure from the pump. It's a double seal fitting.