[SOLVED] Should I be able to stream with better quality & performance ?

Apr 16, 2022
So I currently have a custom built PC with these specs:

Asus Prime z490-a mobo.
The CPU is in i7-10700k OC to 4.5ghz
2070 Super
32Gb of DDR4 RAM

I stick to 720p/60fps, would like 960 if possible. I switch between x264 and nvenc alot to try get the best quality while maintaining performance, in games like apex and tarkov mainly. I tweak settings to fine tune the best I can, most of the streams have been using x264 lately.

VOD for example:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1456133136

My question being with my rig, should I be able to maintain better quality and performance with what I have? Usage sits around 70 for both overall, temps go between 50 and 70 depending on what's goin on. I dont have too many flashy things on screen. Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Solution
Check the Transfer Mode settings in your Bios. Make sure it's NOT set on any of the PIO settings, default settings are usually set for optimal performance which should be Max UDMA, You can experiment with Ultra DMA 0, and Enhanced DMA and than run a benchmark to see which works best for you, also make sure the OS management of Embedded Security Devices are disabled to prevent the OS from switching it back to PIO. And in the OS power management You can increase performance by disabling ACPI S3 S4 S5 settings as well, Disable the SATA Power management to prevent the unit from going into low power state when not in use. In Advanced menu make sure your CPUID Max value to 3 is disabled. Multi Processer is enabled . That should get you to...
May 8, 2022
Check the Transfer Mode settings in your Bios. Make sure it's NOT set on any of the PIO settings, default settings are usually set for optimal performance which should be Max UDMA, You can experiment with Ultra DMA 0, and Enhanced DMA and than run a benchmark to see which works best for you, also make sure the OS management of Embedded Security Devices are disabled to prevent the OS from switching it back to PIO. And in the OS power management You can increase performance by disabling ACPI S3 S4 S5 settings as well, Disable the SATA Power management to prevent the unit from going into low power state when not in use. In Advanced menu make sure your CPUID Max value to 3 is disabled. Multi Processer is enabled . That should get you to where you want to be, if this helps I'd love to hear your feedback. :), I have an hp Compaq DC5800 SFF W/upgraded CPU and 4-2gb DDR2 with no overclock on a 1080P display averaging around 60-90fps so with your i7 you should be somewhat better than 720 @ 60fps for sure.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS