[SOLVED] Should i be looking at CPU OR GPU?

RichaardFinland

Honorable
Feb 23, 2014
Despite of being a tech, I am not in tune with Graphics cards... .. SO Basically I am building a whole setup for a client.

Livestreaming his podcast but also adding video online.

I believe I am going to go with 3-4 1080 or 4K Logitech or USB cameras but add an extra USB 3.0 pci card inside the desktop.

So basically, for something like that, You guys reckon I don't need much GPU power, just CPU power like the latest Ryzen 7 or INTEL i7 CPU with 16GB Ram or so.

And if so, would the latest Intel or AMD on-board GPU be fine?

I've decided to do this vs getting HDMI/SDI out cameras attaching them to a slitter/switcher and then to broadcaster connected to the PC to send to a video livestream via Wirecast..

Since it's less of a load and equipment with usb cameras, as for he doesn't need Tv production equipment yet.

stevenjemint

Notable
Aug 13, 2018
Actually if you are going to run 4 x4k inputs you may want to look at a more powerful CPU.

Something like the Ryzen 2700 would handle this well with its high core count. Maybe match that with a 4gb RX570.

And the more RAM the better

Streaming in 4k is well possible but takes so much bandwith it's not really worth it. Since I'm not sure what is going to be filmed I cannot tell you if good ol 1080p webcams would be good enough or if something more would be required.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS