[SOLVED] Should I be looking into a new PSU?

KingChangeIV

Prominent
Nov 1, 2020
Hello again,

I have another question regarding my PSU. I have recently upgraded the main portion of my parts, MOBO, CPU, CPU cooler, added another storage device. It has been since 01/29/17 since I have purchased my PSU EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 120-G2-1000-XR 80+ GOLD 1000W Fully Modular Includes FREE Power On Self Tester Power Supply and I know almost 4 years isn't a long time for a PSU of that power. However, I can be quite anal about having all of my parts being new with each other, I just have my ram and GPU to upgrade for everything to be newer. I was looking to purchase a EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+, 80 Plus Gold 1000W, Fully Modular, FDB Fan, 10 Year Warranty, Includes Power ON Self Tester, Power Supply 120-GP-1000-X1. I have held the power button down a handful or more of times in order to shut it down, I know that isn't the best way to do it sometimes. Sometimes with my older parts before replacing, my computer would wake it's self up at 2:00AM, which I have two monitors so it's bright as hell. Which I just get up and power it down with the button. It hasn't woken up like that though since upgrading.. my question I suppose is.. do you think I should upgrade to the new PSU or just quit being anal about it?

Solution
Hello again,

I have another question regarding my PSU. I have recently upgraded the main portion of my parts, MOBO, CPU, CPU cooler, added another storage device. It has been since 01/29/17 since I have purchased my PSU EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 120-G2-1000-XR 80+ GOLD 1000W Fully Modular Includes FREE Power On Self Tester Power Supply and I know almost 4 years isn't a long time for a PSU of that power. However, I can be quite anal about having all of my parts being new with each other, I just have my ram and GPU to upgrade for everything to be newer. I was looking to purchase a EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+, 80 Plus Gold 1000W, Fully Modular, FDB Fan, 10 Year Warranty, Includes Power ON Self Tester, Power Supply 120-GP-1000-X1...
Hello again,

I have another question regarding my PSU. I have recently upgraded the main portion of my parts, MOBO, CPU, CPU cooler, added another storage device. It has been since 01/29/17 since I have purchased my PSU EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 120-G2-1000-XR 80+ GOLD 1000W Fully Modular Includes FREE Power On Self Tester Power Supply and I know almost 4 years isn't a long time for a PSU of that power. However, I can be quite anal about having all of my parts being new with each other, I just have my ram and GPU to upgrade for everything to be newer. I was looking to purchase a EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+, 80 Plus Gold 1000W, Fully Modular, FDB Fan, 10 Year Warranty, Includes Power ON Self Tester, Power Supply 120-GP-1000-X1. I have held the power button down a handful or more of times in order to shut it down, I know that isn't the best way to do it sometimes. Sometimes with my older parts before replacing, my computer would wake it's self up at 2:00AM, which I have two monitors so it's bright as hell. Which I just get up and power it down with the button. It hasn't woken up like that though since upgrading.. my question I suppose is.. do you think I should upgrade to the new PSU or just quit being anal about it?
You have one of the best power supplies ever made. It still has around 6-7 years warranty left. It's fine. Enjoy your system. :)

Reactions: KingChangeIV
Solution