Question Should I be worried about anything?

DarkFusionX

Honorable
Jun 27, 2014
I have just recently built a new pc, and I have a temporary but new GTX 1050 ti.

A few moments ago, I came back to my PC after it turned off the monitor. When I woke up the monitor, it was fine then it decided to display a picture of grain after a few seconds. I couldn't do anything, so I just restarted it and it works fine ever since.

Should I be worried?

Here's what showed on the screen:

DarkFusionX

Honorable
Jun 27, 2014
Update: So a family member of mine decided to use the computer while I was away, and it happened to him too. Although, what he did was just unplug and plug the cable in the monitor side of things. For information, my monitor is an LG Ultragear 24gl600f, which is new.

Could it be that my monitor is defective, or is the cable just loose?
I'm just hoping it isn't the graphics card which is new too.

DarkFusionX

Honorable
Jun 27, 2014
Need full system specs including the power supply brand and model. If it's a loose cable it's very easy to find that, did you check the cables an was anything loose? Can also try another video cable and maybe port on the video card.
CPU: Ryzen 5 3500x
GPU: Inno3d GTX 1050 TI
RAM: G.Skills RipJaws 1x8 3200mhz
PSU: EVGA 500W BV
Monitor: LG Ultragear 24gl600f

Another update, it happened again to me. I checked the cable on the monitor, it wasn't loose, but, I unplugged it and plugged it in again. After that, it works fine again.

I will try another video cable to see if it persists