Question Should I be worried about these Memtest86 results?

Aug 8, 2022
Recently my laptop got 2 BSODs one after another with a message about memory. Windows11 memory diagnostics found some hardware error, which was confirmed by Memtest86. As I've recently changed my RAM I though that maybe I haven't installed the new memory properly so I've opened my laptop and found that the second stick indeed wasn't properly installed - the right holder somehow got loose. So I've corrected this and the initial errors were gone, however, the last test (#10, Bit fade test)) still failed.
I've removed one stick and the test #10 was passed. I've then tested the second stick -but in the same slot - and it passed the test, too! So I've put back the first stick - but now to the second slot - and together but with exchanged slots they have passed. As I still have a warranty I wonder if there is anything wrong with my new RAM.
icxt2eR.jpeg

Aug 8, 2022
so both sticks pass if by themselves?
You only get the errors if both sticks are in use?
or do they work now?

They both pass by themselves AND they both pass together after I've (ex)changed their respective slots.
I just thought that maybe the problem is my slot and not the stick itself when both sticks passed individually in the same slot. So to check the other slot I've put in it a stick that was previously in that slot that let both sticks pass, that's why the slots where changed.

Interestingly enough, after all these testing I've found out that my Intel management engine driver had died (even caused another BSOD), and all my power plans except for the "balanced" one were gone. Weird, but after reinstalling IME driver and creating a new power plan everything works well so far.

Aug 8, 2022
As I've tested them several times previously and knew exactly which tests they fail, I've only tested them with test #10. Thus, after initial passing, they were tested 2 times.

Colif

Win 11 Master
My understanding from the memtest86 documentation is that it clears a portion of memory, waits 300 seconds and looks for bit flips. Presumably the memory is being refreshed in the background by the CPU memory controller every 64ms and so memtest is examining the memory after some 5000 refreshes without any writes.
https://forums.passmark.com/memtest86/42125-unexpected-test-10-failures-under-memtest86-v7-5-free

it mostly tests memory - I mention this as some memtest tests check CPU.

I would run it at least 4 times, just to check it doesn't recreate 161k errors again.