[SOLVED] Should I be worried about this?

memmeeyee

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/toughpower-grand-rgb-750w-gold-full-modular.html

I recently purchased the above PSU from Amazon since it was on sale and I wanted it to to replace my 80 plus bronze, non-modular one.

I’ve looked at the overall review on amazon and saw that it was 4.2/5, pretty good right?

then I looked into the reviews and saw quite some one- star reviews claiming that the Psu killed their entire system and fried everything, which terrified the living s*** out of me because I did not look into it before purchasing it, then I look at other reviews saying that it worked perfectly fine and there was no problems.

Even though this PSU has a 10 year warranty, my other crucial components sure don’t. should I be worried about what they are saying about this power supply? Should I cancel my order?

My specs are
GTX 1080TI FE
I7 7700k @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 Ram

Solution
D
I would not trust Amazon reviews, Google reviews or the like. Search for professionally lab-tested reviews of the PSU you plan on buying.

The PSU is of decent quality.

Check these:

D

Deleted member 2720853

I would not trust Amazon reviews, Google reviews or the like. Search for professionally lab-tested reviews of the PSU you plan on buying.

Check these:

Solution

memmeeyee

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017

Check these:

Thanks for the reply, I was worried that it might fry my expensive components, but I have been wanting to upgrade from my cheap non modular Psu I have been using for 3 years. I just hope I’m fine. I really hope it is reliable.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Thanks for the reply, I was worried that it might fry my expensive components, but I have been wanting to upgrade from my cheap non modular Psu I have been using for 3 years. I just hope I’m fine.
You will be fine, that PSU is not garbage quality, far from it. It's A on the Tier list, and it has good reviews.

D

Deleted member 2720853

It said it was an A+ on the tier list but it was just underlined, it wasn’t marked gold, blue, purple, or grey, but at least it’s not marked grey.
Yes that was my mistake, it's Tier A. The underline just gives you a pcpartpicker link to the PSU, ignore that.

Any PSU that is Tier B+ or above will work.

However, don't just refer to the Tier list when searching for PSU. Do look for professionally lab-tested reviews, as I mentioned above.