[SOLVED] Should I be worried? Paying for assemble

- sam -

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
Kind of worried, was this a bad decision? Basically I picked all the parts I wanted for a new system. I'm paying a reputable company named Novatech to assemble it for me due to me working stupid hours and purely because I didn't want to deal with the stress of putting it together myself.
However I just found out today after ordering it when the PC is built and has windows installed I will not be getting the boxes for each component. I spoke to them directly and they assured me nothing will go wrong and if it does just speak with them.
I think I'm just overreacting but not having the boxes of the parks I individually picked out just feels weird to me.

Solution
Motherboards will include some parts that you may well want.
Extra sata cables, user manual, m.2 mounting screws, chipset dvd, for example.
Nothing you can't get for yourself though.
Seems reasonable to me to ask for such things since you are paying for assembly, not for a finished pc.

Lutfij

Titan
So long as you have proof of purchase and the serial numbers match up with the parts that you've bought/assembled into your system, there's no need for the box. You could do one thing, take a picture of all the boxes' serial numbers/tags and keep them for reference.

If you're buying from the shop, the shop is responsible for the warranty.

- sam -

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
So long as you have proof of purchase and the serial numbers match up with the parts that you've bought/assembled into your system, there's no need for the box. You could do one thing, take a picture of all the boxes' serial numbers/tags and keep them for reference.

If you're buying from the shop, the shop is responsible for the warranty.

This is the problem. I don't have the boxes of the parts myself. They have all the parts in stock at their shop. I ordered online to have it assembled directly so i don't have to go through the hassle of it myself.

I shouldn't have anything to worry about though right? I think it sounds worse than it is I just need reassuring.

Motherboards will include some parts that you may well want.
Extra sata cables, user manual, m.2 mounting screws, chipset dvd, for example.
Nothing you can't get for yourself though.
Seems reasonable to me to ask for such things since you are paying for assembly, not for a finished pc.

Solution