Question Should I be worried?

Jan 14, 2020
Hey! So, I just recently build my first rig and you know how that goes; sloppy. My concern is should I be worried about my current CPU temps. When my PC is sitting idle the temps are usually around 28'c -37'c. When I'm downloading a a few games simultaneously the temps ar usually at 40'c-50'c (barely hits 50- btw, Im talking about CPU core temp). Should I be worried about that? I feel like downloading shouldn't raising temp that high. Also, I should mention when I was installing the liquid cooler I kept taking it off the cpu back and forth because I was had to go through a series of coolers. Could that have maybe causes an issue?

Specs:
CPU- i9-9900k
Cooler- Corsair H115i PRO
GPU- ROG Strix 2080ti OC edition
RAM- 64 gb (4x16) Corsair Van. CL16
MOBO- MSI MPG Z390 PRO CARBON AC
PSU- Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

Anything else I need to be worried about?
PCXvkQ3.png

75-80°C is fine for a stress test.

You usually don't run at 100% at all times so temperatures should settle into a much lower range with normal use.

The i9-9900k is by no means a low power chip when running a stress test.
("gets super hot faced" you might even say)

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i9-9900k-9th-gen-cpu,5847-11.html

The chart above is showing less than half the tdp for The Witcher 3 as it does for their Power Consumption Torture Loop.

What are your temperatures after playing your favorite game for 30 minutes?

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020
75-80°C is fine for a stress test.

You usually don't run at 100% at all times so temperatures should settle into a much lower range with normal use.

The i9-9900k is by no means a low power chip when running a stress test.
("gets super hot faced" you might even say)

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i9-9900k-9th-gen-cpu,5847-11.html

The chart above is showing less than half the tdp for The Witcher 3 as it does for their Power Consumption Torture Loop.

What are your temperatures after playing your favorite game for 30 minutes?
just playing bf4 for about an hour or so puts me at 55-60c