Question Should i benchmark an RMA card?

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
So i just got my card after returning my other card because one of the fans started making grinding noise. My question is, should i benchmark the card to make sure everything is working as expected or that wont be needed?

But so far, from what i can see the fans are working fine, no glitches no artifcats nothing everything working fine.

Also another question, since i play a lot of destiny 2, usually fans will go for around 1200 RPM and then slowly goes down and sometimes it would go up again while going down, that doesnt effect the fans in anyway if am not mistaken?
The fan curve am using is the stock one, honestly dont want to play with that anytime soon.

Thank you for your time!

PS: the card am using is EVGA 2080TI black edition gaming

Theres no harm in doing a benchmark, but you usually cant learn anything concrete from them unless something is very wrong with the card.
Fans ramping up and down is normal, as the fan curves can sometimes overshoot their cooling targets as game loads change.

So i just got my card after returning my other card because one of the fans started making grinding noise. My question is, should i benchmark the card to make sure everything is working as expected or that wont be needed?

But so far, from what i can see the fans are working fine, no glitches no artifcats nothing everything working fine.

Also another question, since i play a lot of destiny 2, usually fans will go for around 1200 RPM and then slowly goes down and sometimes it would go up again while going down, that doesnt effect the fans in anyway if am not mistaken?
The fan curve am using is the stock one, honestly dont want to play with that anytime soon.

Thank you for your time!

PS: the card am using is EVGA 2080TI black edition gaming
I normally do but that's more for comparing to my previous GPU rather than confirming it's performing correctly. If you've got a demanding game like Cyberpunk then you would soon know if something is wrong.

What action would you take if the results were worse by a little bit?
Better or just the same?
Likely nothing;
I would not bother.
It's more if it's a big loss suggesting either a setup problem with the card or an issue with the card itself. I don't normally bother checking if the performance lines up with expectations, it would normally be apparent quickly if there was a problem.

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
It's more if it's a big loss suggesting either a setup problem with the card or an issue with the card itself. I don't normally bother checking if the performance lines up with expectations, it would normally be apparent quickly if there was a problem.

Yeah but so far everything seems to go just fine. I would expect the card to perform better since the last card i RMA'd was the 2080 super.
But yeah if anything seems off i will reply to this post again in a day or two

TRENDING THREADS