should i bother recording in 60 fps

Chess of confusion

Reputable
Jul 28, 2017
The game i'm playing is in 60 fps but does it matter if i play in 60 fps but record in 30 fps on OBS
is there any difference in quality. I've always believed that the Fps was more important for playing the game and when you recorded it in 60 or 30 it still look the same.

Thank you for you time.

The FPS will look smoother to a watcher for the same reason it makes the game look smoother to you. You should select your streaming FPS on the basis of your computer's ability to handle encoding in good time, and your network speed's ability to allow you to upload it efficiently.

I've not had much exposure to 60, so I couldn't tell you whether I know it to "look the same", but I've heard it is visibly smoother to a viewer.

If you can handle 60FPS, there's no reason not to, but if you can't, 30 really is quite passable.

Chess of confusion

Reputable
Jul 28, 2017
The game i'm playing by the way is Mad Max.. is this just the game or is it my rig

at random points the game drops fps form 60 to around 40 and it has a 1 to 2 second lag

I have i5 2310.... GTX 1050 ti.... 16 gb ram and all drivers are up to date i've got her Geforce Experience installed
my power options are on performance..i've even set the same in 3D Setting of Navida..I've downloaded nvidia Inspector just so i can get back multi-display/mixed GPU acceleration.

and i've tried every option in vertical sync in 3d settings and had triple buffering on to.

The processor is a bit old, but nothing else strongly suggests an issue. Are these points of stuttering around level loads at all? Some games try for "seamless" loading where the game will stutter if you're trying to move into an area that needs to load (ideally this is fast enough it goes unnoticed), but if you have slow storage, it can result in brief hiccups.

But yea, your proc is like 7 years old at this point. If it happens around level loads, it's probably something that could be fixed with an SSD. If it's frequent, you probably need to look at your processor or graphics settings.

I'm confused.... are you playing it on PS4 or PC? If it's PS4.... I have no idea, as I haven't had a console since the NGC.

Because your PC should not be the source of any of these problems if all it is doing is encoding. Your GPU and proc are more than adequate for that. Is the stutter on your side of things, or on the stream side? Maybe your network isn't good enough.