[SOLVED] Should i bottleneck my CPU?

1pikapikachu

Commendable
May 22, 2020
So, while I decided to build my first PC build and gather the components, my uncle offered me his old PC so I could have something, while I save up for my own components.

I still use that PC, though the only component left to purchase is the CPU. However, I will be able to do that in about September, due to financial reasons.

The PC I got from my uncle is not great, however, it works perfectly fine, just needed to add some RAM and storage when I got it.

Anyways, the PCs' CPU is an AMD A4-4020 3,2GHZ with Radeon HD 7480D integrated graphics. The CPU is slightly OC however because it's so little OC Idk if it even can be taken into account. I couldn't overclock it much because of the old technology as it's from 2013, (maybe need better cooling idk.)

So as I said I have been completing my build, and I got a GTX 1070 Ti on the shelf waiting for the CPU, however, I was wondering if I could put it in my current PC.
I am fully aware that it will cause a bottleneck, as the CPU is weak, however considering the gameplay I'm getting, I'm actually quite interested what will happen to my PC and my gameplay if I put a GPU in. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
As far as I'm aware Bottleneck doesn't cause any damage to other components (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

I want to know your opinion on this? Should I put it in? Will It benefit my gameplay?

(I'm not talking about newest games, they won't run XD, just some older games like AC4, Old COD, Saintsrow 3 or 4, watchdogs 1. games that were released up to 2013-14)

1pikapikachu

Commendable
May 22, 2020
'bottleneck' - One of the most misused and misunderstood words in computing.
You're sure? I mean then what is it cuz literally the definition is
"Bottleneck is a kind of hardware limitation in your computer. A bottleneck occurs when the capacity of an application or a computer system is severely limited by a single component"
So In my case the GPU is limited by the CPU. If you disagree I will be interested in your opinion.