Should I build a new computer?

cythrehelm

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
I have a current computer that was a pre-build. It came with an FX-4100, a horrible CiT PSU, which I had to replace myself and a GPU that I also had to upgrade myself. At the moment I just think this entire computer is a horrible mess, since I've had to upgrade so much that the £400 I spent on it was entirely worthless.

I was thinking about building my own computer, I've already replaced parts in computers and it didn't fail. So, I'm hoping that I won't have that many problems. I just don't know if I should, the thing that gripes me the most about it is that it's using a GA78LMT-S2P Mobo, a £20 case with little airflow, an FX-4100 which I've heard is horrendous and bottlenecks my 7850. If I was to build this computer, I would have wasted the money I spent on this as the only thing I would be taking out of it is the 2TB hard drive and the DVD drive. Question is, should I do it?

I really want to know if the FX-4100 is that bad and does bottleneck me, I do get stutters in games like SWTOR, but I'm not sure if that's an optimization problem or to do with the CPU. I just need to know if it's worth rebuilding the entire thing, which would cost me £470, as I already have the PSU and GPU. So far, I would have spent atleast £1000 on parts, where I could have just spent £755 if I built it myself.

Ramzzz2936

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
1.ur cpu isnt bottlenecking the gpu u can just over clock the cpu to 4.0 ghz and u will be good i have mine oc to 4.2ghz and its running on max of 52°c with the stock cooler
2.u dont have to rebuild the whole system if u want more perfomance than just get a 8350 but in the u won t get more than 5fps gain
3.and maybe change the case if u want