[SOLVED] Should I buy 16GB of RAM from Newegg?

rijadkatardzic

Prominent
Dec 26, 2018
Hello..I am thinking to buy 16GB 3000mhz (DDR4) RAM from newegg cause it costs around 100E, and for 100E I get 8GB in my country..Is it safe to buy?It will not die within year?I've got Ryzen 3 2200G, I am planning to use it for gaming, photoshoping, rendering..So I need it to be powerful....I currently have 8GB 2666mhz DDR4..

Solution
Sure as long as it is good quality RAM. Newegg is a solid vendor. Just make sure it is Newegg selling it and not some third party reseller. Just be aware when you import the RAM you'll probably end up having to pay VAT. I don't know what other duties may be applied.

I assume you are in the EU. If so it would make more sense to purchase from Amazon Germany or Amazon Spain.
Sure as long as it is good quality RAM. Newegg is a solid vendor. Just make sure it is Newegg selling it and not some third party reseller. Just be aware when you import the RAM you'll probably end up having to pay VAT. I don't know what other duties may be applied.

I assume you are in the EU. If so it would make more sense to purchase from Amazon Germany or Amazon Spain.

Solution

sirocu

Prominent
Oct 21, 2018
I come from thailand just get my new DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ F4-3600C15D-16GTZ from Newegg yesterday. About 12 days after ordered.
The RAM is very good, just reached to 4400MHz right now.

rijadkatardzic

Prominent
Dec 26, 2018
I am planing to buy either G.Skill or Corsairy and no..I am not worried about tariff cause there's no it for up to 150€ in my country!I'll just pay VAT which is +17%!Thank you all.