[SOLVED] Should i buy a 240hz monitor if i have a asus rog strix 2060 super oc edition?

Oct 29, 2019
Before i wanted to buy the monitor, i was thinking if my rtx 2060 super would be able to hit 240 fps to make sure that the 240 hz montitor would be worth to get.

Solution
As an experience, my 144Hz monitor with Gsync has served me well even if 144fps isn't achievable in a lot of the games i play. Ghost Recon WL, Farcry5/ND around 90fps satisfies me. Older games like L4D the screen comes alive 😊

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on game (older games?) resolution and settings. Generally speaking for games of now, no. But that doesn't mean you wont achieve the monitor's potential one day and you can always drop the Hz.

Monitors are one of the last components to change so think of it as an investment.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
As an experience, my 144Hz monitor with Gsync has served me well even if 144fps isn't achievable in a lot of the games i play. Ghost Recon WL, Farcry5/ND around 90fps satisfies me. Older games like L4D the screen comes alive 😊

Solution
Oct 29, 2019
Depends on the balance of your components, and the games you play.

In the games you play, at the in-game settings you use... what kind of framerate do you see currently?
I think i might wait for my pc to deliver first before i would see whether should i buy the monitor. Thanks for the advice!

Oct 29, 2019
Depends on game (older games?) resolution and settings. Generally speaking for games of now, no. But that doesn't mean you wont achieve the monitor's potential one day and you can always drop the Hz.

Monitors are one of the last components to change so think of it as an investment.
Noted. Thanks for the advice!

Oct 29, 2019
Thanks for telling me. I did not think that Gsync would be very helpful but looks like it is really useful! Thanks for the advice!