Should I buy a budget processor now and buy a better gpu/buy a better cpu and wahit longer for a gpu?

Oct 22, 2018
I am currenctly trying to build an entry level gaming pc and I'm in need of some help.
So my question is: Should I buy a cheaper cpu(I am thinking of a I3-8100) and wait less to buy a gpu(rx 570/580) OR buy a great gpu(Ryzen 2400g) and game with that while waiting fo the gpu(same)? If you guys chould help me out it would be awesome!

The 2400G is really only acceptable for 720P gaming....GTX1030-equivalent, at best...

Better to get an R5-2600 ($150-USA pricing on sale, an outstanding basic gaming cpu for the money) and at least a GTX1050Ti, GTX1060, or RX580 if planning on 1080P gaming...)

Oct 22, 2018

Yeah but the thing is I am at the budget of 400$ and the question is that I get a lower price cpu and get gpu shortly after/get a more expensive cpu and game with that while waiting for money to buy gpu?

Oct 23, 2018
Some of those games require a better CPU to get good performance. But it is required a graphics card as well to enjoy the Gameplay. I built a PC with 700$ like 4 years ago and it still runs most games. With 400$ that os going to be hard to get a setup that runs those games at enjoyable potencial. (At my point of view, im not an expert and might be wrong), I would try to gather some more money and make a PC that would last you more time.

Oct 22, 2018

Well then, thank you for the help.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
As long as you recognize the limitations of the integrated graphics until such time as you get a card, there's nothing wrong with going the 2400g route and using a discrete GPU later. Though do spend extra and don't get the cheapest 8 GB of RAM you can find; Ryzen CPUs benefit from faster RAM and so will the integrated graphics.

2400g is gonna have a hell of a time with PUBG, but it should be ok on all the other titles. I do agree that it's the best route though because of the upgrade path to all the other AM4 cpus that AMD has and will have on offer. Just DO NOT cheap out and buy an A320 mobo, not having OC capability for the next 3+ years is not worth saving $10. 2400g will work fine at 1080p with any reasonable GPU, I'd look at saving up for a GTX 1060 6GB or trying to find a cheap, used GTX 970 or something from a friend or possibly local classifieds.