Should I buy a built pc from digital storm or are they not good

Aug 29, 2018
I'm looking at digital storm and a few other places online to buy a built gaming pc. I am not confident enough to build my own so I'm definitely buying a pre made one. But i want to know is the vanquisher a good pc?

Solution
Well, I've looked around and yes CyberPowerPC is a bit expensive. But one thing at least they let you choose the better parts. Each prebuilt system ends up being about $300 overpriced compared to a similar system with same quality components.

It's difficult for me to recommend any particular system from either seller. I recommend finding a way to build a custom PC with quality parts. You could even pay someone to assemble it for less than what you'd be paying for lower quality parts in a prebuilt.

Suggestion Build: (optional - fancy RGB Tempered Glass case included)
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($359.89 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler:...
Looking at the Digital Storm Vanquish 7, it costs $699 and uses only the Ryzen 5 2400G integrated graphics. It doesn't have a dedicated GPU. The Ryzen APU is pretty decent for an APU, but still kind of wimpy for a system whose main purpose is gaming. The best thing about he PC is the nice looking case, other than that everything that dictates performance is somewhat lacking.

Something like this on Amazon would be huge amounts better. It's on sale at that price.
https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-GXIVR8020A5-Desktop-i5-8400-Processor/dp/B07B6H4GNY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1535590150&sr=8-1&keywords=gaming+pc

Aug 29, 2018
Well that is much cheaper but it is also half the specs I'm looking at on the other computer. I want something I won't have to upgrade for awhile and will be powerful enough to compete when next gen stuff starts to happen. If I'm being totally honest I don't know if I need all that the vanquisher has or not.

Then please provide a link to the PC you are looking at purchasing. The Digital Storm Vanquish is their cheapest model starting at $699. Other than that I don't know what you are referring to.

Aug 29, 2018

https://www.digitalstorm.com/configurator.asp?id=1997499

That looks much better. But there is still very little options for customization. I'd prefer to pick my own parts on CyberPowerPC where I can choose which power supply and CPU cooling solution I would want. Power supplies that don't allow you to see how many Amps are on the +12v rail are not to be trusted. And the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo is the bare minimum to cool an i7-8700K and would leave no overclocking headroom.

What's your total budget for this PC?

Aug 29, 2018

Aug 29, 2018
See See that's why I was asking someone here. Lol. You know things I dont. My budget is around 2 k but I really didn't want to spend that much. But if I know I won't have to upgrade for 2 or more years I'm cool with it. I have checked cyberpower pc but they seem more expensive for the same parts. Or perhaps I don't know that the part is different enough that it should be more....pretend I'm completely clueless. I know a little but for sake of argument say I am completely dumb. What would you recommend. I definitely want at least i7 and 16g more is dine as long as it stays below the 2 k

Well, I've looked around and yes CyberPowerPC is a bit expensive. But one thing at least they let you choose the better parts. Each prebuilt system ends up being about $300 overpriced compared to a similar system with same quality components.

It's difficult for me to recommend any particular system from either seller. I recommend finding a way to build a custom PC with quality parts. You could even pay someone to assemble it for less than what you'd be paying for lower quality parts in a prebuilt.

Suggestion Build: (optional - fancy RGB Tempered Glass case included)
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($359.89 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($46.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - Z370 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($151.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.39 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GAMING X 8G Video Card ($499.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair - Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($129.89 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.89 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($98.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case Fan: Corsair - Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition 37.9 CFM 120mm Fan ($18.25 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1645.15
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-29 23:39 EDT-0400

Solution
Aug 29, 2018
That's true....my only thing is I didn't want t have to go threw all that and then buy windows and install that and get everything up and running. It's not lazyness it's confidence. I don't want to screw anything up that's why I was looking at pre built. None of my friends are skilled enough to preform all that I need and I know I can't do it. I don't know my be ill buy some cheap as possible parts and try building one? I just can't throw 2 grand out though. I have been saving for this pc for a while. I want to get away from console gaming. I have both ps4 and the xbox one. And I gotta say I don't like sonys practice's and having a xbox is like having a shit ty pc lol.

Well I suppose you could do that, but I think you should go ahead and build the PC with the parts you want. The worst that could happen is you physically break something like the motherboard (probably the most fragile component) by knocking or dropping another component on it and breaking a capacitor or circuit and have to buy a new one. Intel CPUs are very resilient and difficult to damage. High quality GPUs like that MSI GAMING X is pretty durable and resilient also with it's backplate and quality construction. The CPU cooler installation is sort of tricky, but not if you do it right. Easiest way if you don't have help is to install it before you install the motherboard. Turn the CPU cooler upside down and lay it on the table. Then place the motherboard on top and screw it down. One small pea-size (or rice-size) dot of thermal paste is all you need and it will spread when you install the cooler. Everything else is pretty easy. Tons of YouTube videos for anything you might have trouble with.