Jun 10, 2020
So rigth now a founder edition rtx2070super it's 550 euros does a aftermarket card really worth 40 more euros? (i'm refearing to the gigabyte one)I have a large case with plenty of space inside. Why are fe cards cheaper and do they break more often?

Solution
I think by Founder's Edition you mean the reference-spec cards. I own a 2080 FE, I've had no problems with it. The main advantage with partner cards (gigabyte, msi, evga etc) is that they might have higher clock speeds and they usually have better cooling systems, which drives temps down and usually results in an overall quieter/slightly faster card. That's why there is the price gap. If those things aren't important to you, than the FE card should suit you just fine.
I think by Founder's Edition you mean the reference-spec cards. I own a 2080 FE, I've had no problems with it. The main advantage with partner cards (gigabyte, msi, evga etc) is that they might have higher clock speeds and they usually have better cooling systems, which drives temps down and usually results in an overall quieter/slightly faster card. That's why there is the price gap. If those things aren't important to you, than the FE card should suit you just fine.

Solution