Should I buy a graphics card with the chance of it being broken and not able to return it?

Feb 1, 2019
Okay, so I am moving from Canada to Finland and I am thinking about getting a desktop gaming pc. Since most parts in Canada are a lot cheaper and newer. I was wondering if it would be worth the risk to buy a graphics card, Gigabyte rtx 2060 three fan, from Canada without the chance of testing if it really works for 140 cad cheaper?

You still may be able to return the card from the manufacturer if you moved to Finland. You could not return it to the store you bought it (obviously). But the manufacture has a warranty that goes beyond the typical 30 day store warranty.

Additionally, the high probability buying a new card is that it will perform just fine.

crystalcity

Proper
Dec 5, 2018
Only you know "if its worth the risk" to you or not, but yeah I would do it. Like he said, the manufacturer warranty is the one that matters, not the store's. Heck I buy used GPU's on craigslist just judging the seller by feel. That is a lot riskier.

jitendrad

Notable
Dec 28, 2018

No matter from where you buy the graphic card, may be it online or offline you always get the manufacturers warranty