Should i buy a GTX 970

Dazzah

Reputable
Sep 6, 2014
I was thinking about buying a GTX 970 when building my pc but i was thinking, i don't really need THAT much power just to play games...i don't really mind putting quality down and stuff, but i really want to get one and my question is, will it futureproof my gaming pc? by futureproof i mean for around 2 more years?

Thanks!

Consoles dont have separate RAM for video cards its just the total 8GB they can use a part of it i seriously doubt that they use more than 2GB on most games.

Look at the Xbox 360 that has 512Mb of RAM yet games still come out for both it and the Xbox One, which proves that if the same game is coming out for both there is certainly probably not more than 1GB RAM being used on the newer consoles.

yep and also amount of ram used depends on the resolution a certain console runs at on a side note someone very knowledgeable about consoles told me today that ps4 has 8 cores so it means it can do 8 things at the same time (oh wow right?) and is certainly faster than computer cpus so i just looked at him and said nothing.