ethan206

Honorable
Jul 27, 2018
I'm planning on buying a premium ultra-portable and high-end laptop, but I don't know whether I should do it now or later. According to rumors, Intel is planned to launch their 9th Generation H-Series Mobile Processors at Computex which is in June and their 9th Generation U-Series sometime in Q3. Laptop manufacturers will most likely update their laptops with these new chips and I don't want to buy a laptop right now and then a few months later a new version comes out and mine is rocking dated hardware. I'm currently looking at the 2019 Razer Blade Stealth, 15" Razer Blade Base Model, Dell XPS 13 9380, Dell XPS 15 9570, what are your suggestions? Should I wait for either Razer or Dell to refresh (and how long that refresh might take after the chip release) or should I buy a laptop right now instead?

ethan206

Honorable
Jul 27, 2018
Do you need a laptop now? Then get one now. If you don't, you can wait. Same as any other question like this LOL
You can always wait for a newer version, if you want to, is all on you.

lol I guess so, I just wanted newer tech in my laptop compared to dated tech when a new model comes out. Like I'm looking at the Dell XPS 15 (i7-8750H,GTX 1050Ti) and apparently Dell is looking to refresh it (i7-9750H, GTX 1650), I don't know if I should wait or not. I need a laptop during the summer so do you think Intel's mobile processors will be released before the summer or after?