[SOLVED] Should i buy a motherboard that doesn't have a VRM heatsink

mrb00ce

Prominent
Jul 28, 2020
I'm planning to buy this motherboard msi h510m-a pro and i wanted put an I3 10th gen in it but this motherboard doesn't have a VRM heatsink, I'm not planning on overclocking it or anything but i want to know if this will effect the health and lifespan of this motherboard and it would be helpful if someone explained more about VRM's to me.

tennis2

Judicious
I would say that's fine for an i3.

To answer in any more detail would require additional info from you:
  • What country are you shopping in?
  • What's your budget?
    • What's the rest of the build? Are there any other components we could re-allocate funds from, etc.
    • Are there any mobo alternatives in the same price range, etc

Lafong

Respectable
All motherboards fail sooner or later.

When yours fails, you'd have to speculate that a heatsink would have extended the life. How would you know?

I can't recall ever seeing a serious study on the issue.

But I'd certainly insist on a heatsink if you will be worried about it, even though it may have nothing to do with a failure.

mrb00ce

Prominent
Jul 28, 2020
I would say that's fine for an i3.

To answer in any more detail would require additional info from you:
  • What country are you shopping in?
  • What's your budget?
    • What's the rest of the build? Are there any other components we could re-allocate funds from, etc.
    • Are there any mobo alternatives in the same price range, etc
Well i wanted get a ryzen 3 3200g but that processor is overpriced in India and the board i wanted to buy for the ryzen had a heatsink in VRM but i can't find an Intel motherboard with VRM heatsinks so that's why i asked this question.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS