Question Should i buy a new computer or upgrade graphics card

Oct 28, 2021
Hello! (i know almost nothing of computers ^^) but i have noticed that my computer is kind of underperforming on the games i want to play, so i was wondering if i should buy a new graphics card or an entirely new computer :)
Devicename DESKTOP-BTJSGTP
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
Installed RAM 16,0 GB
Device-id 44E165DD-24E1-45D1-AD85-CE4891CA66A6
Produkt-id 00326-00004-48884-AAOEM
Systemtype 64-bit operativsystem, x64-based-processor
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

i have noticed that my computer is kind of underperforming on the games i want to play...
i was wondering if i should buy a new graphics card or an entirely new computer
really would depend on what games exactly and how much you are into new and upcoming games.

if you are mainly playing older games or those that require minimal resources you may be able to get by with just a good overclock on both CPU & GPU and transferring games to an SSD(if currently running them on old HDD).

but in general i would really recommend upgrading the entire system and maybe just using this thing as a media center, backup system, or maybe a gift to someone desperate for a computer.
but with no specifics on your system specs besides the model of CPU and basic GPU info there's no way to tell you if the other included components are even worth keeping.

my advice would be to wait a little bit until Intel's 12th gen Alder Lake releases.
then we will see how/if mid-range 11th gen CPUs may drop in price. if so, pick up a nice i5-11600K or possibly the i5-11400F.
that plus a new DDR4 motherboard and a nicer new generation GPU would be a huge noticeable increase in game performance even on the newest games.