should i buy a new graphics card? or do i need something else? help me please. :3

chazt3r

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
hello reader, i have a "gaming computer" i love her to death but when it comes to certain games i don't have the best frame rate, games like skyrim apb reloaded, arma 2, battlefield 3,crysis,farcry 3 etc. mainly just the heavy stuff. most of these are playable on the lowest setting and i can get about 25 fps, but im just kind of sick of it, im enjoying the games but at the there best capabilities, im thinking i just need a new graphics card, but im not a genius when it comes to gamin pcs, i just sort of know the basics, i wanna list my specs and see if i just need a new graphics card or mayeb something more (my video card is sort of shitty)

amd fx(tm)-4300 quad core processor 3800 mhz
8 gigs ram
gtx 630 nvidia graphics card
1 terabyte memory
64 bit operating system

the computer is made by ibuypower i bought it for 500 bucks
most games are playable, no loading problems or anythign just frame rate, i also got a bigger monitor recently , i dont think that helped now that im playing in higher resolution.
if anyone could help me out and tell me if i should buy a new graphics card or not and what they would recomend, i dotn think i want to spend 500 bucks on the biggest and best thing , just something better that can run my games from 50 to 60 frames per second, im looking to spend maybe 200 to 250, or even get one used.
thank you for reading this your time is very much appreciated. :))

Solution
With a Mid range CPU like that, it is certainly your GPU that is letting you down. for those frame rates you want, you need not spend more than $130 and get the GTX 750ti. it is quite the capable card, and is almost certain to work with your power supply. or you can get a better card like the R9 270 which is noticeably better and sometimes only $15 more. both of there cards will allow easy 45+ FPS at medium to high settings at 1080P
With a Mid range CPU like that, it is certainly your GPU that is letting you down. for those frame rates you want, you need not spend more than $130 and get the GTX 750ti. it is quite the capable card, and is almost certain to work with your power supply. or you can get a better card like the R9 270 which is noticeably better and sometimes only $15 more. both of there cards will allow easy 45+ FPS at medium to high settings at 1080P

Solution