Should i buy a nintendo switch or a gaming laptop?

def_not_anon

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
I'm a console gamer and i was looking to switch to pc gaming, so i decided to buy a gaming laptop which costs around 950$ which has an i7 and a gtx 1050 ti,so i can play games and also use other programs that i would be more comfortable using on a laptop than a desktop pc, however i also want the nintendo switch for the exclusives it has. So here's the question: should i get a nintendo switch or a gaming laptop or a gaming pc and a cheap laptop? Oh and don't say "just buy the switch and a gaming pc/laptop" if i buy the switch i would need 1-3 years collecting money to buy a gaming pc because i'm still a teenager who doesn't have a job to get a lot of money.

Solution
Gaming laptop will give you much wider choice of games if it's powerful enough. 'cos when you buy a console you're effectively tying yourself in to one proprietary system. Also, you can do lot of other stuff on a laptop compared to a console.

However, expect more configuration tasks necessary with Windows games to get the best out of them, whereas on a console it's usually straightforward - - - you stick the disc in & away you go.

Personally I'd choose a powerful laptop.
Gaming laptop will give you much wider choice of games if it's powerful enough. 'cos when you buy a console you're effectively tying yourself in to one proprietary system. Also, you can do lot of other stuff on a laptop compared to a console.

However, expect more configuration tasks necessary with Windows games to get the best out of them, whereas on a console it's usually straightforward - - - you stick the disc in & away you go.

Personally I'd choose a powerful laptop.

Solution

def_not_anon

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
The only gaming laptop i can buy is an acer aspire model that has an i7 and a 1050ti which costs around 950$ because if i were to buy from amazon i would not get a warranty

toshibitsu

Distinguished
I have a Nintendo Switch and a couple gaming laptops. A lot of times I'll look at the laptop and go "alright let's do this!"... but then I'll get lazy and lay in my bed and grab the Switch. I was really excited to see Bad Dudes on it now.

Are you a bad enough dude to buy a Nintendo Switch?

mcgge1360

Reputable
Oct 3, 2017
I know it's a bit late but I would like to add a bit of info if you haven't gone through with either yet. The switch is actually quite low end, with less power than an xbox 360. Currently intel HD graphics are better than it, So even a middle-end laptop would outperform it.

TRENDING THREADS