Should i buy a prebuilt pc or build one myself ?

girts2207

Reputable
Mar 31, 2018
So. i have decided to buy a pc but i don't know if i should buy a pre-built or build one myself. I think that i have seen eneugh videos on youtube to understand the basics of building one. The store that i'm looking from buying sells pre-built pcs but don't describe the components very well ( no exact firm or model ). The store also sells almost every pc part and has one of the biggest selection in my country. I'm guessing the store puts in the cheapest components and sell it for the average price of every component, but i don't know that ( i have calculated and the price of a pre-built's components are on the average price of the selection in their store (benefit of the doubt) ). i am a bit scared about damaging the parts and not having a computer in the end.
and i am a bit confused about the wiring....or is it not that hard ?
AND is there anything i should consider before buying a pc ( i know which gpu and cpu i want )
thanks in advance ?*

girts2207

Reputable
Mar 31, 2018

yeah, but i don't know if the parts are compatible. sites like pcpartpicker don't have the parts that are available to me..

USAFRet

Titan

That's what people here can do. Verify and recommend a good selection of parts.
Parts are parts, the same all over the world.

Start here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/353572-31-build-upgrade-advice

When one asks the question, my answer seems to always be "Build it yourself"
Any builder needs to make a profit.
Big builders can buy in bulk so they get a break on parts costs.
Build yourself has the advantage of selecting your parts and avoiding the assembly fees.

List your proposed parts along with what the pc will be used for.
Along with your budget and the peripherals you need to buy.
You will get many replies and opinions, but you can be reasonably certain that the parts are compatible.
New parts will have factory warranties, sometimes exceeding that of an oem builder.

If your parts selection is limited, a link to an online source would be helpful.

These forums and google are probably better support than any oem builder.
Most issues, I think revolve around windows and software, not hardware.
OTOH, if your local shop is honest and trustworthy, they are worthy of your business.