Should I Buy a Windows 10 Key on Kinguin?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gumbob3

Respectable
Mar 5, 2016
I am building my own PC soon, and would like to have Windows 10 (instead of Ubuntu or other Linux Distribution). I would also NOT like to pay $100+ for Windows 10. My plan was to put the Windows 10 installer on a flash drive, and boot from it on my new PC. Then buy a Windows 10 Home Key from Kinguin.com, and enter it to get access to Windows 10. Kinguin is a popular site, uses PayPal, sells OEM keys, has Kinguin buyer protection for like $2, has very good seller ratings, and have sold hundreds of thousands (maybe millions?) of Windows 10 keys. I don't see why some people say it is so bad? So, is it okay to buy a Windows 10 key from them? Thanks! All help and responses are very much appreciated.

https://www.kinguin.net/category/22175/windows-10-home-oem-key/

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

From my earlier comment:
"Just like buying from ebay or craigslist. You're are getting it from 'some dude'. "

ebay doesn't 'sell' anything. They have a website whereby *I* can sell to *you*.

Solution

gumbob3

Respectable
Mar 5, 2016

Exactly my point. BEFORE I thought I could buy from Kinguin. NOW you guys helped me realized im buying from people through kinguin.

same applies for ebay any way far as it goes for me regardless of the fact ebay is a genuine company you wont catch me buying windows keys on there

any way surely after all this you must have decided one way or the other as seems pointless to continue this thread to me

brentalous

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014
Just my two cents: I've purchased dozens of keys from Kinguin and have never had an issue. Been a couple years now since the first. I think once or twice I've had to activate via phone, but not a big deal. Maybe it's not 100% legit, but it works from my experience.