[SOLVED] Should I buy a windows key from EBay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2019
There are cheap Windows 10 Pro keys on EBay, is it safe to buy it and if the activation goes well can something bad happen in the future?

USAFRet

Titan
Uhm, why would someone steal a card and buy 5k windows copies and sell them on ebay? They can just buy something else with the stolen card.. Right?
Money laundering.

Obtain stolen credit cards numbers
Buy 1,000 valid licenses at full price
Sell them cheap, $20 each
Profit $20,000 in valid money, washed through ebay.
Original credit card holders and purchasers of these licenses left holding the bag.

USAFRet

Titan
2* Each So 2KUSD profit... And why wouldnt the thief buy a PC or something from the card? Saving time and can buy anything no limit
Buy what? He doesn't want physical goods, he wants liquid cash.

Going to the store and buying a TV leaves a paper trail. And a security camera trail.

These licenses are $2? Two dollars?
You have to ask yourself....how? How is someone able to sell a $100 product for $2? Or $20.
Where did they come from?

If this were 16GB DDR4 RAM for $2, you'd run away laughing. Knowing it was a scam.
Licensed software is no different.

D

Deleted member 14196

well good luck on your purchase. I am pretty sure you will regret it later, for the exact reason as listed right above me ^^^^

Apr 26, 2019
Good point, but cant Microsoft trace IPs etc..? Even if the thing is done in an internet cafe there are security cameras for sure.. So they will find the guy right away right?
And you never know.. They might be buying in a big quantity and they get discount like many websites (G2A,Instantgaming and many more)
Anyways... We are going off topic and why would it have 4.9 Rating if its not legit?

USAFRet

Titan
Good point, but cant Microsoft trace IPs etc..? Even if the thing is done in an internet cafe there are security cameras for sure.. So they will find the guy right away right?
And you never know.. They might be buying in a big quantity and they get discount like many websites (G2A,Instantgaming and many more)
Anyways... We are going off topic and why would it have 4.9 Rating if its not legit?
G2A is no different.
G2A doesn't actually own or sell anything. Just like ebay....they are merely the middleman, between you and whoever is selling these.

A 4.9 rating? You do know those 'ratings' are easily falsified, right?
Even on Amazon/Newegg. Fake reviews are a major problem.
Pay 100 people $5 each to give a 5 star review, for something they never bought or used. Oh yes, this is a thing.

And no, this is not off topic.
You asked:
"Should I?" - Answer = No
"Can something bad happen?" - Answer = Yes.

Good luck.

Apr 26, 2019
About the 2nd thing.. How could i know if its from stolen credit card... Your just saying that and u have no proof.. I dont support it since i dont know how did it came.. + For 2Eur even if it gets deactivated its worth the try.. + A youtuber recommended it which is good tech review/pc builder and said that hes using their windows copies..

as others have said msot "cheap" windows keys are either:
a) bought using stolen CC.
or
b) sold by bulk key purchasers (usually businesses) who get them at a cheap price as they buy so many....these are NOT allowed to be sold to public.

If MS detects either of these 2 involve with your key they can/will deactivate your key w/o notice and nothing that can be done.

These will not always occur but just warning that they can and have happened plenty of times in past.

USAFRet

Titan
About the 2nd thing.. How could i know if its from stolen credit card... Your just saying that and u have no proof.. I dont support it since i dont know how did it came.. + For 2Eur even if it gets deactivated its worth the try.. + A youtuber recommended it which is good tech review/pc builder and said that hes using their windows copies..

Speaking about cheap game licenses, but the same thing.
https://www.polygon.com/2015/2/9/80...ose-mysteriously-cheap-gray-market-game-codes
-------------
The reason for that revocation Ubisoft said in a statement to IGN was that before those keys were put up for sale on the secondary market, they were sourced with stolen credit cards on Electronic Arts' Origin service.
-------------

A youtuber recommended it? Oh my....then it HAS to be valid!
Hint...he's paid to say that. Much like fake reviews at Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS