Question Should I buy AC Power Supply from here?

Nov 28, 2022
Hello guys, I am thinking to pick up FUNCTIONAL DEVICES INC's AC Power Supply from [ Moderator note: deleted link to unrelated product promotion and a potentially dangerous product] . My friend suggested me this website and shared me this link with a positive feedback;

It is a Single 100 VA, Size 20 x 16.15 x 6.72 Inch for reference. If not this, what do you people recommend? Many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
No: Do not buy that AC power supply from that source.

That power supply is not intended for PC use.

Attempting to do so could be dangerous and I am deleting the link accordingly.

What make and model computer do you have?

Update your post to include full system specs and OS information.

For more information about power supplies and possible PSU choices - start here:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

Nov 28, 2022
No: Do not buy that AC power supply from that source.

That power supply is not intended for PC use.

Attempting to do so could be dangerous and I am deleting the link accordingly.

What make and model computer do you have?

Update your post to include full system specs and OS information.

For more information about power supplies and possible PSU choices - start here:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

Hey Ralston18,

Thanks for your value recommendation just wanted to know, have you ever purchase from here if yes, how was your experience?

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure about "purchase from here"? Where is "here"?

I purchase computer power supplies (PSU's) locally whenever possible and especially from small businesses when warranted.

Unfortunately, the latter choice is becoming rare. Plus, I am not "supporting" as many computers as in past years for family and friends. Less purchasing now.

I purchase based on product reviews, clear specifications, and with additional wattage (for PSU's) above and beyond what may be required by system specs.

In addition, I read User Guides/Manuals, and visit manufacturer websites for product related Forums and FAQs. What is not said is sometimes more revealing than what is said. Details matter and fine print is an immediate flag. Or language to the effect of "compatible with...." or "fits all".

Generally when a purchase of any sort is necessary, I look to this Forum and several regulars (Mods and otherwise) for what they are saying and/or purchasing.

Lastly, I always make sure that a faulty or defective product can be easily returned ford a refund or replacement.

Nov 28, 2022
Not sure about "purchase from here"? Where is "here"?

I purchase computer power supplies (PSU's) locally whenever possible and especially from small businesses when warranted.

Unfortunately, the latter choice is becoming rare. Plus, I am not "supporting" as many computers as in past years for family and friends. Less purchasing now.

I purchase based on product reviews, clear specifications, and with additional wattage (for PSU's) above and beyond what may be required by system specs.

In addition, I read User Guides/Manuals, and visit manufacturer websites for product related Forums and FAQs. What is not said is sometimes more revealing than what is said. Details matter and fine print is an immediate flag. Or language to the effect of "compatible with...." or "fits all".

Generally when a purchase of any sort is necessary, I look to this Forum and several regulars (Mods and otherwise) for what they are saying and/or purchasing.

Lastly, I always make sure that a faulty or defective product can be easily returned ford a refund or replacement.

Hey Ralston18,

Thanks for your valuable reply and shared link..