[SOLVED] Should I buy an used GPU

Sowreen

Commendable
Mar 20, 2019
Hi.
As the title say should I buy an used gpu? I'm planning to buy a GTX 1080 for my custom rig and I was wandering if an used gpu may be as good in performance as a new one.
When I'm saying a used gpu I am talking about the ones that were used for light/hard gaming not the one used for mining.
Thanks.

Solution
I bought a used 1080ti for $550 and it was a great decision. It was right when the overpriced RTX 2000 series was released.
Just make sure you purchase from a reputable seller and check temps, voltage bios version and clocks when you get it. Returns accepted is a plus but don't let that deter you from purchasing ifthey aren't. There is an eBay money back guarantee so if theres a problem you'll get refunded the money even if the seller does not accept returns.
Don't get thrown off by that, they are just trying to get rid of the card and not have to deal with returns. That doesn't necessarily mean there's an issue with the product.
I bought a used 1080ti for $550 and it was a great decision. It was right when the overpriced RTX 2000 series was released.
Just make sure you purchase from a reputable seller and check temps, voltage bios version and clocks when you get it. Returns accepted is a plus but don't let that deter you from purchasing ifthey aren't. There is an eBay money back guarantee so if theres a problem you'll get refunded the money even if the seller does not accept returns.
Don't get thrown off by that, they are just trying to get rid of the card and not have to deal with returns. That doesn't necessarily mean there's an issue with the product.

Solution