[SOLVED] Should I buy Asus prime b450m-a for ryzen 5 3600?

Nov 2, 2020
I know this motherboard isn't good, but I don't need overclocking. If I use this motherboard does this cause problems?

Solution
I know this motherboard isn't good, but I don't need overclocking.
It's just the VRM that's pretty weak but will run a 3600 well enough even if you did make an attempt to overclock one. The rest of motherboard is fine for what it is .

But conventional overclocking of Ryzen 3000 CPU's is difficult and more often than not results in hurting gaming performance. That makes it senseless...but people try it anyway and then complain about stuttering. Go figure.

idkwhattonamethisacc

Great
BANNED
Oct 31, 2020
Asus is a very high quality product so it shouldnt fail that soon so thats why asus is my go to for mobos, tho why not check for x470 mobos? They could also be as cheap as the b450 sometimes, i found on my local online store that a basic biostar x470 mobo was going for around 70$, obviously its not the best because no heatsinks on the vrms and its a pretty basic matx board but i would reccomend x470 over b450 unless the x470 has abysmal quality, this cheap biostar doesnt have the best of quality but it should be decent and not crap out instantly

I know this motherboard isn't good, but I don't need overclocking.
It's just the VRM that's pretty weak but will run a 3600 well enough even if you did make an attempt to overclock one. The rest of motherboard is fine for what it is .

But conventional overclocking of Ryzen 3000 CPU's is difficult and more often than not results in hurting gaming performance. That makes it senseless...but people try it anyway and then complain about stuttering. Go figure.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution
I like the Asus Prime series. It offers a good feature set at a decent price. I'm not an over-clocker so these boards work out great for me. They have notably decent on-board sound.

As someone mentioned, you could ask the vendor if the board has the BIOS update already for the newer processor. I think most that are on the shelves do, but you could find out by calling the vendor.

Also, AMD has a way to perform the upgrade by which they ship out an older processor, then you update the BIOS and ship them back the older processor. Most local shops can and should perform this function - if necessary - for you on-site.