Question Should I buy DDR4 memory?

jack.h.tierney

Commendable
Apr 11, 2018
So right now, I have an I5-4690k, with 16 gigs of DDR3 ram in my computer, paired with a GTX 1060. Im not upgrading anytime soon, however I definitely will at some point. My birthday is coming up and I usually ask my wife for PC parts. There is a special right now, where I could get 16 gigs DDR4 viper ram for not very expensive. Should i get this, and just leave in the box until I am ready to upgrade the rest of my PC, or would it be smarter to wait, since DDR5 might be coming out soon? Also, If I do upgrade, what would be a good CPU upgrade. I definitely am not going to spend $800 on an i9-9900k, but is it really worthwhile to upgrade to something like the i5-8400?

DDR5 is a long ways away and depending on how long it is going to be until you are able to do a viable upgrade it may turn out to be a waste of an opportunity you can use on something else

the I5 8400 would still be a good entry level gaming CPU plus you would be able to upgrade to an i5 or i7 8th or 9th gen CPU with a build like that in the future too

TRENDING THREADS