[SOLVED] Should I buy external ssd or cloud storage

Shauryaink

Prominent
Jan 8, 2021
I am confused that should I purchase external ssd or cloud storage. I want to store photos, it can be normal photo or documents of bank,passwords, passbook and some more sensitive data

Need help

Solution
I am confused that should I purchase external ssd or cloud storage. I want to store photos, it can be normal photo or documents of bank,passwords, passbook and some more sensitive data

Need help
Why not both?
Defense in depth.

An external drive is more iimediately accessible. It is also more vulnerable to theft/fire/flood/falling off the desk.
Or leaving it connected so it gets the same ransomware as the host.

Cloud is less accessible. Slower, possibly more expensive.
Subject to changing terms of service from the provider.
But potentially safer overall.

Whichever, or both...look into encryption. Especially for "documents of bank,passwords, passbook and some more sensitive data".

USAFRet

Titan

Need help
Why not both?
Defense in depth.

An external drive is more iimediately accessible. It is also more vulnerable to theft/fire/flood/falling off the desk.

Whichever, or both...look into encryption. Especially for "documents of bank,passwords, passbook and some more sensitive data".

Reactions: Krotow
Solution

Shauryaink

Prominent
Jan 8, 2021
Why not both?
Defense in depth.

So should I buy cloud storage actually I don't know as like .. I heard alot of things that... They sell our data , it can also hacked ......

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
tenor.gif