[SOLVED] Should I buy it this summer?

Cristi Oprea

Reputable
Mar 3, 2019
Well... I really want to upgrade my PC from a gtx 1060 to an rx 5700 xt this summer around mid-July. I've just started watching pc news again but my questions are these: Should I buy an rx 5700 xt this summer or should I wait for something else this year or next year in a similar budget?; Is there gonna be another mid-range GPU series this year or next year?

Solution
I'd probably see how the new Ampere launch plays out and any reaction from the red team.

Completely agree, wait if you can, the 30 series nvidia cards are coming too and the prices of older and 2nd hand prices are going to drop, use the extra time to keep saving and see how each card performs when paired with your cpu before buying anything

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
I'd probably see how the new Ampere launch plays out and any reaction from the red team.

Completely agree, wait if you can, the 30 series nvidia cards are coming too and the prices of older and 2nd hand prices are going to drop, use the extra time to keep saving and see how each card performs when paired with your cpu before buying anything

Solution