Should I buy more ram?

Jan 3, 2019
I just upgraded my old ass pc (z97, i7-4790k, gtx 970, 8 gbs ddr3 1600 MHz) to a pretty nice rig ( i7-8700k, z390m, gtx 1080 and 16 gbs ddr4 3200 MHz) and after all of the problems I encountered ( took me over a week of fixing problems hahaha) I love it. Can’t recommend saving up and upgrading enough, but I was wondering how much my performance would increase if I went out and spent 120 usd on another 16 gbs ddr4 3200mhz. Would it be a meaningful ammount?

Solution
Depends on what you do with the rig. For gaming, 16gb is more than enough for most games out there. That is not going to change in the foreseeable future.
For applications, unless you are using high rendering software like Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe After Effects and Premiere together with Combustion or working on large database/spreadsheets or multitasking at an unprecedented level, 32gb will never be optimally used.
Depends on what you do with the rig. For gaming, 16gb is more than enough for most games out there. That is not going to change in the foreseeable future.
For applications, unless you are using high rendering software like Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe After Effects and Premiere together with Combustion or working on large database/spreadsheets or multitasking at an unprecedented level, 32gb will never be optimally used.

Solution
Jan 3, 2019

I do mainly just game. Would streaming make it a different story? I stream with my friends on games like pubg and bo4. Or should I just wait till my build becomes obsolete and then worry about 32 gbs of ram ahaha

Jan 3, 2019

Thank you, already got a decent ssd but that’s definitely what I’m going to be putting my money towards next. You have a good one sir!